Tigh Na Mara, Isle of Barra
Tigh Na Mara, Isle of Barra – a neatly kept old traditional stone house and as its Gaelic name suggests is superbly located by the sea with extensive views of Castlebay harbour.
The Guest House is located just two minutes (400m approx) from the Oban ferry terminal, and 9 miles from Ardmhor / Eriskay ferry and Airport, Local hotels, bus stop and shops are only a five minute walk away. Makes it ideally situated for exploring this beautiful island, with its renowned beaches and rugged coastline made famous by the film Whisky Galore.From Castlebay ferry terminal, walk up the service slip road, ie not the one that passes the shops, and Tigh na Mara is directly on your right just past the old school (400 m approx)..
From Ardmhor / Eriskay ferry & Airport a bus will drop you off at the door – ask the driver Arriving by car by from Ardmhor / Eriskay ferrry & Airport, travelling around the west side, the Guesthouse is located on the left side of the road as you approach the ferry terminal entering Castlebay
- Two minutes from Oban Ferry
- 9 miles approx from Eriskay / Ardmhor Ferry
- 9 miles approx from Airport
- All Rooms ensuite
- Uninterrupted views over the bay
- Hospitality trays in all rooms
- Hairdryers and ironing facilites, heating throughout
- Five minutes walk from local hotels for meals.
- Sky television in bedrooms
- Email & wireless broadband internet Connection
- Private Car parking
- Special diets catered for
- Comfortable Guest Lounge
- Fire Certificate yearly inspection
- Recommended in The Lonely Planet Guide and Rough Guide
- No pets Allowed
- No smoking throughout
OPEN: April – October
Credit cards Accepted
£75.00 per night twin / double room
£40.00-£45.00 single room
Tigh na Marra Guest House,
Isle of Barra.
Telephone: 01871 810304