Best Western Station Hotel, Dumfries
Best Western Station Hotel, Dumfries – A lovely, traditional 3-star Victorian railway hotel offering a relaxing atmosphere and a warm welcome. Popular for short breaks and business trips
- Great food – winner of Visit Scotland’s Taste Our Best award
- Perfectly located to break your journey between North and South or East and West
- Just across from the remarkably quiet station and only 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre
- 32 en-suite rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen Freeview TV and ironing centre
The Best Western Station Hotel has 28 standard en-suite bedrooms and four superior rooms including 2 with spa baths and 1 with 4-poster bed.
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Flat screen TVs with Freeview
- Free wired and wireless broadband internet access
- Ironing centre, with trousers presses also available in some rooms
- Privacy lock
Some of our rooms are in the eaves, with sloping ceilings. Most people find these charming but if you are very tall or not comfortable in an attic room, please let us know on booking.
You may also want to request a room which is Station side or Lovers Walk side. However, the Station is very quiet during the night and only the very lightest of sleepers are bothered by trains.
Some rooms have walk-in showers while others have a shower over the bath. If you have a preference, please request when making your booking.
Food & Drink
Breakfast Monday to Friday 7am-9.30am and weekends 8am-10am.
Evening meals Monday – Saturday 5:30pm – 9pm and Sunday 5:30pm – 8:30pm Booking preferred, please, on 01387 254 316
A La Carte Menu
Yes, there really is somewhere in Dumfries to go for a quiet grown-up drink! Our bar is open to non-residents from 11.00am until 11.00pm Sunday to Thursday and until 1.00am on Fridays and Saturdays. We have a great selection of wines by the glass, and single malt whiskies, as well as Caledonia Best, Tennants Lager, San Miguel, Guinness, Somersby Cider and JW Lees Bitter on draught.
Lunches served Daily from 12 noon til 2pm
Best Western Station Hotel
49 Lovers Walk
Dumfries and Galloway
Telephone: 01387 254316